The 2019 Clinical Practice Guideline for Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers/Injuries is now available for purchase. Developed and published by the European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, the National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel, and the Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance, the goal of this international collaboration was to develop evidence-based recommendations for the prevention and treatment of pressure injuries that could be used by health professionals worldwide. The updated guidelines include the following:
- An updated review of the research literature and recommendations that reflect the most recent evidence
- A detailed analysis and discussion of available research
- Critical evaluation of the assumptions and knowledge in the field
- Recommendations for clinical practice
- Good practice statements
- Implementation considerations
- Description of the methodology used to develop the guideline and acknowledgements of the experts formally involved in the development process.
To access the website of the guideline governance group, visit www.internationalguideline.com. To access the Quick Reference Guideline, visit www.internationalguideline.com/static/pdfs/Quick_Reference_Guide-10Mar2019.pdf.